Information Collection and Use
DATA49 (Data49™, Data49 Design™) is the sole receiver of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
DATA49 websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties and these websites will have their own privacy notices and DATA49 encourages users to review them. DATA49 does not accept any responsibility or liability for the practices of such third-party websites and users should read carefully their privacy statements. DATA49 understands that some communications may be relevant to users and others are not and some unsolicited communications are unwelcome, so it is fully committed to ensuring that the rights and obligations set out in law are respected.
Collecting Personal Information
DATA49 may ask for limited personal information when users register to receive a service from us. The information collected will vary depending on the part of the website visited, but only by supplying this data, is DATA49 able to provide users with the services requested.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name, which is optional, and email address);
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication); and
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website or our products;
- Deal with DATA49 service support requests made by you;
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining Personal Information
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will send email and other marketing communications for a maximum of 24 months after initial collection unless there has been some subsequent positive contact (eg. purchase, clicking email, visiting website).
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
All information submitted through our onsite forms, and collected by DATA49 will be held within DATA49’s observances of confidentiality as required by governing laws and statutes, inclusive of but not limited to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Amendment Act (FOIP Amendment Act), Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), and the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
All information submitted is posted to a private directory on the web server. Information postings are checked regularly, and when retrieved are deleted from the server.
We welcome all links which refer to this website provided those referral links open our pages in their own windows, and that the referring site does not present illegal, or sexually explicit, or elicit material and content. All links must be simple text links with any written content providing only a simple description without any expressed or implied associations or warranties.
Note: DATA49 does not assume responsibility for any expressed or implied associations or warranties contained on any external site outside our Website URL other than that of the described links.
DATA49’s official website(s) are located through the domain(s) (and associated sub-domains), data49.com, data49.net, and data49.ca.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site.
If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site. Cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We do not share aggregated demographic information with any outside individual or agency. This information is strictly for our own analysis in order to present an informative and easily navigated website to our users.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that DATA49 is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. If you have any questions about the security at our website, please feel free to contact us.
Correction/Updating/Deleting Personal Information
All users have the option at any time of submitting corrections or updates to their User Form submissions or their site links from our site, or requesting such information to be deleted. We normally process such submissions on a weekly basis, and we will send one confirmation that your request was received and scheduled to be applied.
Notification of Changes
We thoroughly research and seek to have the best information links to external sources; however, we cannot express or imply any guarantees or warranties regarding these information links. Should a problem or difficulty be found with any link or product, et al we request to be notified through our User Forms so that we may speedily investigate and implement appropriate responses. We will also send one contact to confirm receipt of the notification and the subsequent response taken. For all other matters, the following disclaimer applies:
DATA49 makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use of any information, products or services available on websites that are accessible by links found on this website.
DATA49 expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered by any user of any websites that are accessible by links found on this website caused by or arising from any inaccuracies or omissions in or from any use of or reliance on any information, products or services available on such sites.
How You Can Contact Us about Privacy Questions
or by mail c/o PO Box 1782 Stn Main Okotoks, AB, Canada T1S 1B6
Updated: May 25, 2018